Exploring Checking Accounts
Guiding you to Financial Success...Every Step of the Way!
We improved our checking account products to help you spend smarter and better protect your identity, your credit and your finances. These checking account options were created with your needs in mind. With increasing feedback from you, news of national security breaches and more privacy violations, we are excited to introduce our enhanced Alliance Checking Plus! The fees below start May 31, 2018.
Why should you protect your identity? Watch this video.
Checking Account Options
Alliance Checking Plus
Fresh Start Checking
|Up to $10,000 AD&D Insurance3|
|Cell Phone Protection3|
|Travel & Leisure Discounts*|
|Health Discount Savings*|
|Free Paper Statements|
|Unlimited Check Processing|
|Free Credit Analysis|
|VISA® Debit Card|
|In-Touch - Phone Banking|
|It's Your Choice!||Free with eStatements||It's a checking account plus benefits.||It's a fresh start if you've had issues in the past.|
Account Monthly Fees
- Identity theft protection with credit file monitoring - Better protect yourself and your family with IDProtect® identity theft monitoring and resolution service1.
- Cell phone protection3 - Receive up to $300 of replacement or repair cost for damaged or stolen phones. (Cell phone bill must be paid through this amount.)
- Debit Advantage®3 - Buyers Protection and Extended Warranty for items purchased in full with this account.
- $hopping Rewards™* - Earn cash rewards when you shop online at dozens of your favorite retailers.
- Oops! Forgiveness - Mistakes happen! You can request to waive one NSF fee per year.
- Earn Interest4 - Your account will accrue interest starting at balances over $2,500.
- Protection from the unexpected3 - Up to $10,000 of Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.3
- Health discount savings* - Enjoy great savings on popular vision, dental, and prescription services. (This is NOT Insurance)
- Travel & leisure discounts* - Money-savings discounts at thousands of local and national businesses.
Registration and activation are easy!
- Go to Secure Checking using your Access Code given to you and follow the simple step-by-step instructions to register and activate benefits.
- If you have already registered and have questions related to any of the benefits or need assistance with registration and activation call 1.866.210.0361.
- Once you are registered, accessing your benefits will be easy - online at www.SecureChecking.com or with the Secure Checking Mobile App! Mobile App instructions are avalable online at SecureChecking.com!
- Ask for a .50% APR rate discount on vehicle and share secured loans with automatic payment from your Interest Checking Account
- Ask for a .25% APR rate discount on vehicle and share secured loans with automatic payment form your Alliance Checking or Alliance Checking Plus Account
- Discounts can not be combined with any other offers.
FREE Student Checking
- No quarterly account service fee*
- Members ages 16-17 can open a FREE Teen Checking with their parents through our Teen Club
- Members ages 18-25 can open a FREE Alliance Checking anytime
Learn the basics of managing a checking account with a web-based checking account management education module called CheckRight available to you for FREE as a partner with GreenPath.
Make the Switch Today! We Can Guide You Through Each Step!
This easy guide will help you Make the Switch:
- Switch kit checklist, switch payroll, close your account, and switch your automatic withdrawals
We'll go to work for you to make the switch.
To get started, open an account at Community Alliance Credit Union by visiting our Livonia Office Open 7 Days a Week!
*Ways to Avoid the Quarterly Account Service Fee:
- Have our Visa Credit Card, or a Mortgage, or a loan balance greater than $300
- Have Direct Deposit or ACH Credit/Debit item clear you account monthly
- Excludes members ages 25 and younger
1. IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their joint account owners and their eligible family members. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household.
Some of the benefits with IDProtect require registration and activation.
2. Credit file monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin following activation.
3. Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is offered through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the insurance document. Guide to Benefit and insurance document will be included in follow-up letter.
4. Interest bearing starting at balances over $2500. See website for interest rate details.
5. Wireless carrier fees may apply.
6. Overdraft protection is also available as a transfer from savings or from a pre-approved line-of-credit loan. Members must qualify.
Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency;
not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.