Fun Fridays in Livonia
We will be baking cookies for you every Friday in Livonia during the month of August. They are so good, please stop by!
New Look & Features Coming Soon to Mobile Banking!
- Fingerprint Authentication - Fingerprint authentication makes your login process more secure and offers you faster access to Mobile Banking.
- Quick Balance - This is optional. This allows you to view real-time account balances without logging into Mobile Banking. You will be able to select which accounts to include in Quick Balance. If you want to perform a transaction, you will need to log into Mobile Banking. Note: The use of Quick Balance requires you to save your password. The stored password will be encrypted on your phone.
- Easier to Read and Navigate
- And More!
Put the phone down while driving...here's why!
Michigan police will ride in unmarked cars to find distracted drivers. For a first offense, motorists are fined $100. There are three main types of distraction:
- Visual - taking your eyes off the road
- Manual - taking your hands off the wheel
- Cognitive - takin your mind off of what you're doing
Distracting activities include:
- Using a cell phone and/or texting
- Eating and drinking
- Talking to passengers
- Reading, including maps
- Using aPDA or navigation system
- Watching a video
- Changing the radio station, CD or MP3 player
Focus on driving!
Traveling soon, here's some tips from Expedia:
Your Sunday best: The best day to book a flight is Sunday, says the 2017 Global Air Travel Outlook report from Expedia and Airlines Reporting Corporation.
Temperatures, fares soar: July is the most expensive month of summer, 7% more than August.
Make the most of August and September: The cheapest days those months are August 22 and September 12.
Update Your Address, Phone Number and eMail Address
Please take the time to make sure we have your correct address, phone number, and email address on file. You can update your information with us through Internet Banking, by calling us at 800.287.0046, or the next time you visit one of our locations. Communicating with you through online channels is the fastest way we can communicate to you your finances at Community Alliance Credit Union.
ID Theft Recovery Services
We offer fully managed identity theft recovery services, which can restore your good name if your identity gets stolen. In the event that you suspect identity theft or fraud for any reason, call us, at 800.287.0046. When you have coverage, we will put you in touch with an Identity Recovery Advocate that will do most of the work for you, learn more.
Steps you need to do to recover from identity theft:
Contact all creditors, utilities, and financial institutions
File a report with your local police. Get a copy of the report in case a creditor needs proof of the crime
File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Identity Theft Hotline at 877.IDTHEFT (438.4338)
Ask your creditors if they’ll accept the FTC’s ID Theft Affidavit. You can get one by calling the FTC at 877.IDTHEFT or at www.consumer.gov/idtheft. The affidavit allows consumers to report identity theft information to several companies simultaneously.
Report spam (e-mails) by sending an e-mail to the FTC at email@example.com.
If it appears that someone is using your SSN, contact the Social Security Administration to verify the accuracy of your reported earnings and your name. Call 800.772.1213 to check your Social Security statement.
Request your Free Annual Credit Report, the three major credit bureaus are:
Experian experian.com 888.397.3742
Equifax equifax.com 800.685.1111
TransUnion transunion.com 800.888.4213
If you have questions, call the Credit Union at 800.287.0046
Together We Can Fight Against Fraud - It's a Team Effort
What you can do to help:
By us working together, we can win the fight against fraud.